Last updated: 24 August 2015
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION AND ADVERTISING
- ACCESS AND OPT-OUTS
- CONTACT US
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
We have set out the types of information we collect and how it is used below. The information collected will depend on the functionality of the specific Mobile App you are using and additional information may be collected through the Mobile App as specified in the Mobile App.
|Type of information||How is it used?|
|Unique Device Identifier||A unique device identifier is a number automatically assigned to the device you use to access the online services. We may associate the device identifier with other information and will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.|
|Location information||When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some Mobile Apps and other online services require your location information for the feature to work. Where a Mobile App does collect precise information about the location of your device it will be used to provide requested location services, and, depending on the particular Mobile App it may be used, amongst other uses to allow tagging or to check-in. Please go to the mobile device settings menu to opt out of providing location information or contact our Privacy Administrator. Please note that the Mobile App will no longer function if you opt out of providing location information. The location-based services offered in connection with our Mobile Apps are for individual use only and should not be used or relied on as an emergency locator system, used while driving or operating vehicles, or used in connection with any hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, or any other situation in which the failure or inaccuracy of use of the location-based services could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage. The location-based services are not suited or intended for family finding purposes, fleet tracking, or any other type of business or enterprise use – other products exist today that may be used specifically for these purposes.|
|Log Information||When you use the Mobile App or view content on our websites we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, device information, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps. We may use log information as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, prevent fraud, provide technical support and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.|
|Unique Mobile App numbers||When you install or uninstall a Mobile App containing a unique Mobile App number, or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us. We may use the Unique Mobile App numbers as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, prevent fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, to address internal online services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.|
|Information you submit through the Mobile App||When you register with us and use a Mobile App, you may provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Mobile Apps from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Mobile App; and (e) information you enter into our system when using the Mobile App, such as contact information. We may also use the information you provided us, in accordance with applicable laws, to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.|
|Information we may collect through the Mobile App||We may use information collected through the Mobile App as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, prevent fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, to address internal online services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.|
2. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION AND ADVERTISING
4. ACCESS AND OPT-OUTS
Where required by applicable law we provide online visitors with access to personal information they provide through online services and the ability to review, update and correct it as and when necessary. Such requests may be subject to a small fee. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your personal information.
In addition to the options provided by your mobile operating systems, you may opt out of processing of personal information on Mobile Apps as follows:
- Uninstalling the Mobile App – you can stop all collection of information by the Mobile App easily by uninstalling the Mobile App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Mobile App marketplace or network;
- Opt out of advertising – see the instructions below or contact our Privacy Administrator for information about how to opt out from the use of information to serve targeted advertising by advertisers and/or third-party network advertisers. Note that the effect of opting out of targeted advertising will be to prevent targeted advertising, but not prevent you from seeing all advertisements, and information may still be collected for other purposes (such as research, online services analytics or internal operations):
- For Apple Users:
- iOS 7 or higher, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > Privacy > Advertising
- iOS 6, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > General > About > Advertising
- iOS 4 or 5, you can opt out following the instructions here
- For Apple Users:
For further information please see Apple’s website here.
- For Android Users:
- Open the Google Settings app on your device
- Select Ads
For further information please see refer to Google’s website here.
- Opt out of location data – Go to “settings” on your mobile device to opt out of the collection of location data, or contact our Privacy Administrator for information about how to opt out from allowing us to have further access to your location data. Please include as much detail as possible when you make a request, and please note that the Mobile App will no longer function if you opt out of providing location information.
5. CONTACT US
For any questions in relation to this Mobile Apps Policy please contact our Privacy Administrator.