Ever felt like you needed a Brennan-to-English dictionary or wished Angela would clue you in to the details of her investigative work? Ever wanted to solve a case along with the Jeffersonian Team? Well, now you can with the BONES Show Companion, a new app only for the iPad that offers fans exclusive content as it plays out on your television screen!
Available for free on the Apple App Store, the BONES Show Companion automatically synchronizes with each new episode of the season as it is broadcast in your time zone to provide unique, content-rich experiences that enhance the fan-favorite series. Users can also access app content when watching BONES episodes on their DVRs or on FOX.com and Hulu.com.
Beginning with “The Daredevil in the Mold” episode, airing Thursday, Feb. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM) on FOX 50, BONES fans can access bonus material, including:
· a translator that converts BRENNAN (Emily Deschanel) and the Jeffersonian squints’ science-related geek-speak into everyday language
· the “Angelatron,” a handy guide to the data and information ANGELA (Michaela Conlin) uses to help solve the case, including sketches and crime-scene recreations
· “Sweets’ Final Thoughts,” where DR. LANCE SWEETS (John Francis Daley) provides his analysis of the case and perspective on the lives of the characters
· a Royal Diner jukebox that identifies the songs and artists featured in each episode with links to purchase on iTunes
· a poll that invites users to weigh in on the case in each episode
· an overview of social-networking chatter so viewers can see and contribute to commentary on Twitter and Facebook
· a countdown clock that marks the time remaining until a new episode of BONES airs
“We are extremely proud of our BONES app,” said Hart Hanson, creator and executive producer of BONES. “We can finally say, ‘There’s an app for that’ when people bring up BONES at parties. Also, it will help my rage issues when I see people gazing at their smartphones or tablets in vehicles or while walking down the street because I will say to myself, ‘They are checking out the BONES app and loving it.”
In the all-new “The Daredevil in the Mold” episode of BONES, a BMX rider’s remains are discovered on the roof of a warehouse after a failed bike stunt. While BOOTH (David Boreanaz) and Brennan interrogate the victim’s fellow riders, the team works to identify the numerous fractures in the victim’s skeletal structure recreates the series of events that led to the fatal accident. Meanwhile, Sweets turns to Booth for relationship advice, and Booth makes a key decision about his relationship.
Currently in its sixth season, BONES is a darkly amusing procedural centered on a highly skilled forensic anthropologist whose expertise lies in her uncanny ability to read clues left behind in the victim’s bones. The series stars Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, TJ Thyne, Michaela Conlin, Tamara Taylor and John Francis Daley.
BONES is from Far Field Productions and Josephson Entertainment in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series was created by Hart Hanson. Hanson, Stephen Nathan, Ian Toynton and Barry Josephson are executive producers. Become a fan of BONES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bones and follow the series on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bonesonfox.