7 Ways to Recreate Hot Honeymoon Sex
By Fox News Network
Just because William and Kate are the ones who just tied the knot, that doesn’t mean they should be the only ones having any fun — and what’s more fun than honeymoon sex?
Sure it might be stellar, but even if it’s mediocre, who cares. After all of that planning and partying, it’s no wonder. The cool part is, you can have a do-over any time you like. Whether you want to create the honeymoon sex that was the best canoodling of your life, or you want to have the kind of fireworks-inspiring sex that you had hoped your honeymoon would hold, all you have to do is follow these seven easy steps to great (non) honeymoon sex.
1. Set the scene. If you can get the heck out of Dodge, do. But if not, do the next best thing – a staycation. Recast your room into a honeymoon suite complete with fresh linens, clutter-less counters, and delicious smells. Think lighting, music, and flowers, too. Better yet, if you have a guest room, take that over and pretend you’re somewhere exotic.
2. Choose your look. There’s no point playing honeymoon if you’re going to wear that nightgown you’ve had since your kid – who’s now driving – was in elementary school or those undies that should have been retired long ago. Invest in some pretty underthings or some handsome new boxers and surprise your sweetie for a change.
3. Plan ahead. Send the kids to your mom’s. Take the dogs to the kennel. Put the phone on silent. And tell your boss you’re indisposed. The more you plan, the easier it will be to relax and enjoy. Stress and distraction are two of the top killers of good sex. So, put the world at bay for once and enjoy your (non) honeymoon.
4. Get the goods. Whether it’s candles or massage oils or sex toys, this adventure is a great time to do a little naughty (and nice) shopping and take things to another level in the bedroom. Now’s the time to do all of those things you’ve been meaning to try but had no excuse to bother with. Well, now’s the time to get hot and bothered!
5. Do your homework. No matter how much of an expert you are at something, there’s always room to learn more. So, read those books, watch those videos, and reinvent yourself as a lover. Honeymoons are all about first times, sweet surprises and nights to remember. So treat your love to a whole new you in bed.
6. Take the pressure off. The night doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to “be.” It has to be a time for you and your partner to be together and refocus on one another for a change. That’s the best part of the honeymoon really -- having no one to focus on but each other and nothing but pleasure to worry about. Plus, this time there’s no “have to have a perfect honeymoon” pressure. So, enjoy, for a change.
7. Give in. Whatever your lines are, let them slip as far as you’re comfortable pushing yourself. Do you usually like the lights off but your partner likes them on? Give in. Do you usually like to stop after Round One but your partner likes to go for the gold? Give in. Do you usually have a standard menu of plays but your partner would like to deviate from the tried and true? Give in.
I wish William and Kate a lifetime of love and joy. And I wish them a peaceful, pleasurable, and paparazzi-free honeymoon. As for the rest of us, let’s not spend too much time toasting the newlyweds. Instead, let's recommit to being “newly bed” like it was the first time all over again!
Jenny Block is a freelance writer based in Dallas. She is the author of "Open: Love, Sex, and Life in an Open Marriage." Her work appears in "One Big Happy Family," edited by Rebecca Walker and "It’s a Girl: Women Writers on Raising Daughters," edited by Andrea Buchanan. Visit her website at www.jennyonthepage.com or check out her blog at www.jennyonthepage.blogspot.com.
/ tonight Full Schedule