Better Living: Your Experts
Triangle Day School
4911 Neal Road
Durham, NC 27705
Durham, NC 27705
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday8:30 to 5:00
Challenging transitional kindergarten through eighth grade independent school. We are celebrating 20 years of educating children.
Triangle Day School is a co-ed, independent, non-sectarian, non-profit school serving children in Transitional Kindergarten through eighth grade. The School seeks to enroll students of the highest caliber, both academically and personally, and to attract students of different religious, racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. In keeping with its mission, the School fosters the pursuit of knowledge, integrity, and responsibility through student participation in a variety of academic and co-curricular activities.
Triangle Day School was founded in 1991. The School has an average student-to-teacher ratio of 7:1 with a maximum class size of 18.
The school campus consists of three buildings on a 17 acre site with easy access to interstate systems and is adjacent to an historic Civil War landmark. The 16,036 square-foot main academic facility has undergone several renovations to increase classroom size, provide a multipurpose space for food service and student/family gatherings, and expand computer space. A new gymnasium was built in 2002, and a 6000 square-foot classroom/library building was completed in August 2003. Athletic fields for the TDS middle school sports program opened in March 2010.
A twelve-member Board of Trustees oversees the business affairs and establishes the policies of the School. The Head of School manages the day-to-day operations of the School and supervises the faculty and staff members. Triangle Day School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). Also, Triangle Day School is a member of the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and the Educational Records Bureau (ERB).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for a school tour
- Contact the Director of Admissions by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone at 919-383-8800 x130.
- How do I apply for admissions?
- Click on the Admissions tab of our web site at www.triangledayschool.org.
- Where is the school located?
- We are located in Durham at 4911 Neal Road. For specific directions go to http://www.tdsnc.org/about/directions.
- How long has the school been in operation?
- We are celebrating our twentieth year of educating children!