Better Living: Your Experts
Hair Resoration & Anti Aging Medicine
210 Towne Village Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Cary, NC 27513
Hours of Operation
- M - F8:30pm - 5:30pm
- SatAppointment Only
- SunAppointment Only
Call NOW and Schedule a FREE Consultation and get $500 your Hair Restoration service!
Hair Restoration & Anti Aging MedicineGrowing older is inevitable. Losing your hair isn't.
The Mabrey Medical Center offers hair restoration procedures using cutting-edge, minimally-invasive technology that gives you a fuller, thicker head of hair with a simple one-day procedure.
- No linear scars. No sutures. No staples. Wear your hair as short as you like!
- Shorter, more comfortable recovery. Go back to work the next day!
- Natural results, using your own hair. Look younger!
With over 17 years of experience, our team at Mabrey Medical Center for Hair Restoration in Cary, NC is dedicated to the art of hair transplantation. We offer the latest technology and treatments, providing every patient with aesthetic excellence.
Our team has successfully transplanted over 1,800,000 grafts, of which 800,000 are from FUE. We believe hair transplants demand an artistic touch with many years of hands on experience. Designing the hairline should restore symmetry and proportion to the face, creating a natural appearance that is undetectable to the human eye. This knowledge lends itself to creating cosmetic results that look completely natural.
We use cutting-edge hair transplantation technology, including the NeoGraft device, for both men and women. The NeoGraft allows our team to harvest and transplant naturally growing hair without leaving an "unsightly scar" as found with the traditional "strip method". Our surgical manager, Sean Mabrey, was one of the first five specialists in the United States to perfect the use of the NeoGraft Technology.
Mabrey Medical Center is dedicated to providing quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, and patient safety. In addition we share an unparalleled passion and commitment to assure the very best results for those we serve. Mabrey Medical Center for Hair Restoration is proud to serve Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, and beyond.
- To be the hair restoration center of choice for men and women in North Carolina and surrounding states, desiring to improve their personal appearance.
- To provide natural looking, long-lasting hair that defies detection.
- To be recognized for our preeminent patient care, attention to detail, and highly skilled artistry.
- To be a technology leader in hair restoration utilizing the most advanced hair replacement techniques.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What causes hair loss?
- Although men and women have been suffering from hair loss for centuries, there are still many unanswered questions as to why we lose our hair. In men, the male hormones (DHT) trigger an autoimmune response in pattern loss, attacking the hair follicle. This results in destructive inflammation that gradually destroys the follicle's ability to produce hair. The reason for this could be that androgens somehow alter the follicle, causing it to be labeled as a foreign body. A possibly related factor is that elevated androgens also trigger increased oil production, which can favor an excessive microbial and parasitic population, also leading to inflammation. In any case, hair progressively miniaturizes under the withering autoimmune attack, so that with each successive growth cycle it gets shorter and thinner until it finally turns into tiny non-pigmented vellus hair (peach fuzz). In men, balding typically follows the classic horseshoe pattern known as male pattern baldness, though diffuse thinning can also occur.
Women's hair loss tends to be diffuse but is also primarily hormonally driven. The story of balding is, however, not the story of androgens alone. Rather, male pattern hair loss appears to have multiple causes. For example, severe baldness is strongly correlated with heart disease and even diabetes. There are likely other factors as well.
- Do hair transplants really work?
- Yes, hair transplants (as with the NeoGraft) transplant donor hair from the back and sides of your head (bald-resistant hair) to the balding areas at the front and on the crown. When done by a skilled specialist, transplanted hair will look completely natural. At Mabrey Medical, our team of specialists has transplanted over 1.8 million hair grafts and has many years of experience in hair restoration. Our staff has taken part in training other hair restoration centers around the country, teaching their MD's and staff the art of hair restoration with NeoGraft.
- What is NeoGraft™?
- NeoGraft™ is a new automated device which facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant procedure, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously-used manual extraction instruments.
- What is an "F.U.E" hair transplant?
- "FUE" or "Follicular-Unit Extraction" is an advanced, minimally-invasive hair transplant method which allows for the harvesting of individual follicles from the back of the head (donor area) without a scalpel or stitches and therefore leaves no linear scar. The old method, not using NeoGraft technology, allows the operator's hand to fatigue, resulting in inconsistent extractions. With NeoGraft, we can ensure accuracy and consistency with every graft that we extract. This is important when it comes to aesthetic appearance
- What are the main benefits of FUE over the traditional "Strip-Method" or linear harvesting?
- It is well-accepted that FUE transplants can heal faster and more comfortably than linear-harvest techniques, in which the physician uses a scalpel and removes a strip of scalp requiring stitches and a six-week recovery time. With the minimally-invasive FUE, the patient can return to work in a couple of days, and once healing is complete, the patient has the option of wearing a very short haircut without the worry of a tell-tale linear scar. Without the need for stitches, downtime is shorter with fewer activity restrictions post-operatively.
- What can be expected after hair restoration surgery?
- Because the NeoGraft technique individually extracts the hair follicles, the procedure is much less invasive than the "strip" method that requires a long incision, sutures and staples. Therefore, your recovery time is much shorter. Most of our patients are able to return to normal activity the very next day.
- Are hair transplants painful?
- At Mabrey Medical we strive to make our patient experience the best that it can be. We have taken steps to minimize any discomfort. We will provide you with a local anesthetic administered by our Doctor of Anesthesiology, who is Board Certified in Pain Medicine and Anesthesia. Most other practices do not offer this service. (Please use caution when anesthetic medications are applied and not supervised by a board-certified pain medicine physician).
With the NeoGraft technique and under the care of our physician and team, your hair transplant procedure does not have to be a painful process at all. Our patients have had a very comfortable experience during their procedure and very little discomfort afterwards. Because the NeoGraft leaves no gaping wound on the back of your head as the "strip-method" does, this procedure is much less invasive.
- When can I go back to work?
- Many of our patients go back to work the next day if they choose. Because we offer NeoGraft, the recovery time is much shorter than with the "strip-method".