Better Living: Your Experts
Davis Plastic Surgery
Raleigh, NC 27607
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday9:00am - 5:00pm
Open the door to a new you at Davis Plastic Surgery
At Davis Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on providing personalized care. As a part of our commitment to total patient care, we now offer Vectra 3D Imaging. This innovative technology will revolutionize the way Dr.Davis performs surgical consultations. Vectra 3D is exclusive to Davis Plastic Surgery in the Raleigh-Durham area and the images projected are possible outcomes of surgery with Dr. Davis.
The most common question we hear is “What will I look like after surgery?”
Vectra not only answers that question, but shows you. The new machine takes a 3D picture of a patient’s body and projects it onto a computer screen so they can actually see what they will look like after a procedure. It takes any speculation out of breast surgeries because it relieves uncertainty and allows a shared vision between the patient and doctor. “Vectra 3D imaging enables me to create images of what patients could look like after a procedure” says Dr.Davis. “Once a patient looks at the potential results, she is able to give feedback. The back and forth discussion helps patients visualize how they may look after surgery… it helps avoid differing expectations.”
Vectra 3D images can be viewed from all angles, including, side by side and translucent overlays, allowing patients to “try on” many different options before deciding which is right for them. “Many of our breast augmentation patients have difficulty selecting the look they prefer. Often times they will bring in pictures that are unrealistic for their body type. Vectra3D imaging can alleviate this concern for patients by providing a digital, interactive 3D image of their expected results,” adds Dr.Davis. This actually allows the patient to see a 3D image of themselves with different size and shaped implants, taking the guess work out of “how will I look after surgery?”
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have been hearing about CoolSculpting, what exactly is it?
- Here’s the skinny: developed by Harvard scientists, this unique, patented, clinically proven procedure involves freezing fat cells without damage to your skin. There’s no knife. No suction hoses. No needles. No lasers, even. After your treatment, you get on with your busy day. Typically, you’ll see a noticeable reduction of fat in the treated area after one visit. What does that mean? Simply put, your clothes fit better. You look better. The fat cells are naturally eliminated from your body over the following few months, leaving you feeling more like yourself again.
- Who is a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
- For properly selected patients, CoolSculpting is an effective way to reduce fat without the pain, risk, and lengthy recovery time associated with surgical procedures such as liposuction. Suitable CoolSculpting candidates are relatively fit people who have some modest-size problem areas that are not easily reduced through diet and exercise. If you are seeking a non-surgical solution for spot reduction of specific areas of fat, CoolSculpting could help you to achieve your body sculpting goals. The CoolSculpting procedure is not a way to lose weight or treat obesity. If you are unsure, contact Davis Plastic Surgery for a confidential consultation. Our highly-trained staff at will ascertain whether you are a good candidate.
- How long do results last?
- Most clients notice the changes after their first treatment, with an average reduction of 22.4% in the treated area four months after treatment. The fat cells treated have been eliminated and if you maintain your body afterwards the results will remain stable. By maintaining a healthy lifestyle after the procedure, the successful results of CoolSculpting are permanent.
- What areas respond best?
- Almost any area of the body can be targeted during treatment. But most commonly, clients wish to remove stubborn bulges or problem areas which have not responded to exercise. Commonly treated areas include “muffin top” waistline roll, outer thighs (saddlebags), abdomen, the hips, waist, inner thighs, buttocks and knees. Upper arms, isolated skin folds in the flanks, the breasts and bulges to the sides of the breasts, as well as other problem areas have shown excellent responsiveness to treatment
- What are the aftercare requirement? Are there any required garments to wear exercises to do or pills to take?
- No supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients feel more motivated to take care of themselves after the CoolSculpting treatment, too. Like they get a second lease on their body and want to start anew again by taking even better care of themselves.