Khloe Kardashian Out As Co-Host Of The X Factor - ARTICLE
Khloe Kardashian’s days as co-host of “The X Factor” are officially over.
As had been rumored, the reality star will not return for the upcoming third season of the Fox reality series, the network announced on Monday.
“Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to host The X Factor,” a spokesperson for the show told Access Hollywood on Monday. “We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.”
WATCH: Backstage With Khloe Kardashian After ‘X Factor’ Season 2 Finale
A source close to Khloe told Access that it came down to scheduling conflicts.
“The two schedules couldnt be worked out with this and E!,” the source said. “It was just too much to travel back and forth.”
WATCH: Khloe Kardashian Fires Back At ‘Disgusting’ Tabloid Rumors
Backstage after the Season 2 finale, Khloe xpressed her desire to return for another season.
“Of course I do. Who wouldn’t?” she said at the time. “It’s a party!”
While Khloe is out, Fox announced Mario Lopez will return for Season 3. As far as plans to replace Khloe, all of that remains undecided at this time.
“No decisions have been made on replacements, but everyone on the show loved working with Khloe. It was clear Simon and Khloe had fun on the show together,” the spokesperson added.
Auditions for Season 3 of “The X Factor” are currently underway.
-- Eric Anderson
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
/ tonight Full Schedule