Covering topics that are of interest to the modern day woman, this is a new Ricki – reflecting where she and her audience are now in their lives. Fresh, fun, interesting talk that will cover subjects that range from parenting, weight loss, health, beauty, career, losing love and finding it again. Ricki is not an expert. She’s not a doctor, therapist or a super homemaker – she’s a working mom trying to figure life out, and inviting her audience along for the ride.
The following are the first week’s show listings:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
“What I See In The Mirror” (episode 001RL1)
Ricki Lake returns to daytime TV with an inspirational, personal and honest discussion with her audience and guests regarding body image and weight loss. Episode includes:
- Michelle went from a size 28 to a size 4, but she still sees her former self when looking in the mirror
- Young women seeking natural body image portrayal in the media
- A makeover for a woman who lost 110 lbs.
(2nd Run Premiere/Evergreen Episode (261RL1)
It's never too late to start over. Join Ricki for an hour of new beginnings.
- One woman has devoted herself to her son since her husband took off 8 years ago. She finally wants time for herself.
- Another woman cannot move past the shadow cast by her deceased husband, a shadow that's eclipsing her current relationship.
- A 47 year old divorcee wants to hop back in the dating saddle with the help of a love coach. Three stories; three new starts.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2012
“Hormones” – (Episode 002RL1)
- Experts break down the complicated world of hormones
- Ricki’s panel of guests discuss changes relating to hormones – from hot flashes to insomnia to mood swings
- Hormones & weight loss: An author shares which carbs are best for your metabolism
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2012
“The Power of Social Media” (Episode 003RL1)
- Today’s discussion explores how social media is changing the world
- And real stories of people leveraging the power of social media for good (championing the homeless, falling in love and helping couples adopt children)
- Facebook reuniting high school crushes
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2012
“Life After The Military” (Episode 004RL1)
- A veteran who found herself homeless after serving in the US Navy
- Ricki goes scuba diving with a female amputee war veteran
- Plus, incredible post-military makeovers!
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
“Virginity 2.0” (Episode 005RL1)
- Ricki sits down with a 41-year-old virgin
- Meet a sex-therapist who is a “surrogate partner” to his clients
- Ricki talks with Dr. Robi Ludwig about sexuality in society