Topic: Stroke Awareness Month
- Pamela Hooker-Dumas, Minority Women Health Project & Triangle Stroke
- Coach Phil Spence, Retired Basketball Coach, NCCU & Stroke Survivor
- Jackie Thompson, RN, Stroke Coordinator, Duke Raleigh Hospital
- Wanda Joiner, Stroke Survivor
- Rev. Dr. Gwen Blackman, Lincolnville AME Church
- Rev. Mike Pope, President, Self-Awareness Ministries
According to the National Stroke Association, Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death and the third leading cause of disability in the United States. May is National Stroke Awareness month and today we’re looking at how one local organization is working to raise awareness about stroke… not just in May… but all year long. Guests discussed the signs and symptoms of stroke. One guests just had a mini stroke on April 15th and she shared her personal story. Coach Spence had a stroke while riding home from a basketball game. He too shared his symptoms and experience. Two very powerful personal stories of surviving stroke.