Wow! It’s our 5th Birthday and we are celebrating at TWO great locations – Pullen Park & American Tobacco Campus!
The Family-friendly event which draws thousands each year returns on Saturday October 5th at Pullen Park in Raleigh from 10am until 3pm and on Sunday, October 6th at American Tobacco Campus from 12pm until 3pm.
We are busy putting together the biggest and best celebration in the Festival’s history. Please take a minute to look around our website and see what we have in store for you. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.
His name is Zu and he’s celebrating too – our all new interactive vehicle will be on site to dazzle you! Noah’s Landing returns to delight the crowd with an expanded live animal showcase, including “Sid” the Hairy Armadillo, and “Ramsey” the Fennec Fox. The Y will keep things moving with field games and family activities. Special appearances by some of your favorite mascots – Ronald McDonald, Wool E. Bull, Lucky E. Duck, Stormy and more.
On Sunday, October 6th, the Great American Tobacco Duck Race will take over the Ol’ Bull River for the seventh year, benefiting: Durham Literacy Center, Marbles Kids Museum and the Museum of Life and Science. WRAL-TV’s Brain Game host, Mark Roberts returns to judge the Duck Decorating contest and emcee the Duck Race. There are prizes for the swiftest ducks and the best decorated!
The event is open to the public and admission is free, so come on out and help us celebrate our birthday!
"Show Us Your Game Face" Super-Staycation Contest
Take a photo of you "showing your game face" with the official football player standee at Family Fest 2013 and upload it at www.FOX50.com for a chance to win our "Super-Staycation".
The "Super-Staycation" includes:
- One (1) weekend stay at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel for four (4) which includes Sheraton Club Lounge access and free parking
- Family Pack for four (4) for free admission to Marbles Kids Museum
- Free admission for four (4) to the Birds of Paradise Exhibit at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- Four (4) tickets to "A Christmas Carol" at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) on December 21, 2013
- Family Pass for four (4) to the NC Museum of Life and Science
Official Contest Rules here.